Hamilton, Colorado



Hamilton was an important mining camp briefly in the early 1860's. It was located across from Tarryall on the road to Fairplay in Park County. A post office was established on July 26, 1860 while part of Kansas Territory and operated only until November, 1861.

Other covers in this section:

 

Fewer than ten reported examples

6 June 1861 Hamilton, Colorado Territory to Iowa

Click to see larger version  

Hamilton post office continued to use their Kansas Territory postmarking device for a period after the establishment of Colorado Territory on February 28, 1861.

<<PREVIOUS | NEXT>>

 

 

© 2000 - 2010 FREDERICK R. MAYER FOUNDATION, All Rights Reserved